Sunday, January 10, 2010

For Some Levity

A man who was getting terrible headaches went to see his doctor. After a thorough examination his doctor gave him the grim news. "We're going to have to remove your testicles." The doctor explained that they were pushing up against the base of his spine and that there was no alternative surgery to relieve the pressure.

Deeply depressed by this diagnosis, the man thought to himself, "when my wife feels depressed, she goes clothes shopping. Maybe that will cheer me up." So the man went to the very best clothier in the city and told the salesman that he wanted to purchase a suit. The sales man responded, "very good sir, you're a 44L. "That's right, I am," the man conceded, "but how did you know that?" "Please sir, that is my job."

After getting fitted with a smart looking suit, the salesman suggested that he should also get some shirts, noting, "you're a 163/4 35/36. "Right again, how did you know this." The salesman replied once again, "Sir, that is my job."

After selecting some fine shirts, they completed the ensemble with a belt, shoes, and a hat. Each time the salesman correctly stated the man's size.

Finally the salesman asked, "I don't mean to be personal Sir, but would you also like to purchase underwear . . . you're a 34?" The man replied "yes I would like to purchase underwear, but I'm afraid you're wrong for once. I'm a 32." "No Sir" the salesman replied. "You're a 34. Why, if you wore a size 32, your testicles would be pressing against your spine and you'd be getting terrible headaches.

Joe H.

No comments: