Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Torture Rationalizations and American Narcissism

In several of my recent posts, I've been debating the issue of torture prosecutions with Phil of Plumb Bob's blog. I was thinking that I wasn't really getting at the heart of the issue, and boy was I right.

This article by Glen Greenwald definitively smashes the "we shouldn't prosecute our leaders for war crimes" rationalizations currently being floated by our political class and media elites. Greenwald calls this sentiment what it is - American narcissism/adolesence. His short argument is a tour de force.

In the immortal words of Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, "I'm not worthy."

If any of you want to give me a Christmas present, read the article then copy the link and distribute it to ten people with instructions to do the same.

Merry Christmas!

Joe

No comments: