Wednesday, December 2, 2009

On Tiger Woods - UPDATE

Considering the Tiger Woods fiasco, I'm reminded of the scene in The Princess Bride during the duel between Wesley and Inego Montoya. Inego, astonished at Wesley's swordsmanship, asks him, forthrightly, "who are you?" When Wesley replied "no one of consequence," Inego insisted "I must know." To this Wesley coyly replied:

"Better get used to disappointment"

I admired Tiger Woods, just as I once admired Barack Obama, Eliot Spitzer, and Michael Jordon. Admiration seems to be a one way ticket to disappointment.

Still, there's really little room for stone throwing. In the immortal words of Oscar Wilde:

"Every saint has a past. Every sinner has a future."

Joe H.

UPDATE - This article by Jack Shafer explains my disappointment with Tiger Woods pretty well. And to think that if you'd have asked me if I was a sucker for marketing just two weeks ago, I'd have said "no."

No comments: